Friday, July 11, 2008

Noteworthy

-The iPhone 3G launched today.  I'm not sold on an upgrade at this point.  I love my iPhone, but I'm not sure faster internet and GPS will entice me enough to throw down $200 dollars.

-I did however update my "old" iPhone with the 2.0 firmware.  Now I can get all sorts of free applications.  It's been fun.  Can you say "free light saber app"?

-Saw Hellboy 2 last night at the 12:01 showing.  It was kind of a last second thing.  I kept hearing good things about the movie.  I enjoyed it more than the few that went with me.  Not as good as Iron Man, but I thought it was as good as the Hulk (which I thought was really good).  Definitely better than Hancock, though (but I know that's not saying much).  

-JP spoke to our students Wednesday Night.  Loved having him back for a night.  Such a great guy.  Still miss him like crazy, but I know God has him where He wants him.

-I am now up for twitter.  I think this will be a fun experiment.  Get yourself an account and start following some people.  That sounded very stalker-ish, I know.

-We load up the vans tomorrow at 12 noon to head down to West Palm Beach where we will work with Urban Youth Impact.  For a week we will run back yard Bible clubs, assist them with neighborhood clean-ups and set-up for a "back-to-school" bash.  It's going to be a lot of fun, and I know some students will come back changed.

-We took 25 students down to the Frontliner's ministry Wednesday afternoon.  This is a ministry that up until a couple weeks ago I didn't even know existed.  Our students were able to pour their lives into some 7-10 year old kids.  It was a blast.  Look forward to partnering with them in the future.

No comments: